Suspension By AKHA, Uyo Chair Imoh Okon Opens Up



STATEMENT BY ELDER (HON) IMOH OKON, ON MY SUSPENSION BY THE AKWA IBOM STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY

June 01, 2020.

Let me begin by congratulating our Leader, His Excellency, Mr Udom Gabriel Emmanuel, the Executive Governor of Akwa Ibom State, on the historic occasion of his fifth Anniversary and the manifold achievements in office.
ELDER IMOH OKON


The recent acquisition of the fourth aircraft for Ibom Air and the World Health Organization acclaimed Smart Isolation Centre which was inaugurated by the Governor are further signatures of His Excellency’s Superior Performance.

On the heels of Friday, May 29, 2020, the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly, at its Emergency Plenary session, in her wisdom suspended me from office.This suspension has provoked a lot of debate on the social and other conventional media.

For avoidance of doubt and for record purposes, I wish to state as follows:

1. That, I hold in the highest esteem, the Leadership and Honourable Members of the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly, AKHA, and charge all who comment on this matter to do so with decorum.

2. That, as a public office holder who respects membership and powers of the House of Assembly, I also believe the AKHA is peopled by men of honour, competence and proven integrity and have my absolute confidence in their capacity to investigate and resolve all pending matters pertaining to my Office before them.

3. That, I hereby reiterate my conviction that, the AKHA is constitutionally empowered to exercise oversight on the Local Government Administration and should not be denigrated for acting in accordance with the said constitution.

4. That, I don't intend to challenge the powers of the AKHA, in person and/or, through proxies, neither have I mandated any person or group to institute any Litigation howsoever on my behalf.

5. That, any attributions of comments, reviews or pronouncements on the matter before the AKHA, by citizens are not by any chance, on my promptings, neither do they represent my personal opinion. I completely repose my faith in the propriety of the State Legislature to resolve the matter.

6. Let me state very clearly here that, this event cannot truncate my uncompromising loyalty to His Excellency Governor Udom Emmanuel, the Government of Akwa Ibom State, my respect for the AKHA, or my total commitment to our great party, the Peoples Democratic Party.

7. I remain more so, than ever before, an unwavering supporter of Governor Emmanuel and indeed a true and loyal party man.

8. I will not fail to appreciate the overwhelming concern and solidarity from People in this moment of test, and also declare, that I bear no grudge whatsoever to others who may feel differently.

9. I charge all the good people of Uyo to maintain the peace and continue to support the Administration of Governor Udom Emmanuel for the overall success of his Completion Agenda.

10. I want to advise emphatically that nobody's personal interest should be used to jeopardize the hard earned peace and security of the State as achieved by Governor Udom Emmanuel and I therefore charge all my supporters and interest groups to remain calm and law-abiding.

Signed:
Elder (Hon) Imoh Okon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A’IBOM ASSEMBLY SUSPENDS TWO LOCAL GOVERNMENT CHAIRMEN OVER GROSS MISCONDUCT

2021 MESSAGE: EPU CHARGES GOVTS TO BE ALIVE TO THEIR RESPONSIBILITIES

NEW INT'L AIRPORT TERMINAL, TO BOOST AKWA IBOM'S IGR - Charles Udoh